Jul 6, 2014

Black Cat Review

The whole incident with Saya was sad, but not the clearest. I mean, what really happened. Why did Creed think Saya was a witch, other than the fact that he is just insane. I mean she was the reason that Train changed his ways but still. Why was she killed off so early?

The rest of the show brings her up over and over and is a big motivator for Train, but the friendship was never really developed. It was rushed through.




Up until episode 10, I didn't get very interested. From the beginning, I got the feeling that instead of starting at a beginning of the story, we skipped several chapters and started part way in. Once Train joined Sven and Eve, it got a little better, though the whole green giant guys was a bit lame.
When Train went off trying to find Creed to kill him and Sven ran to the scene to attempt to keep Train safe, it got interesting, sad, but interesting. Of course, how some one gets whipped that many times by a whatever and isn't at least bruised baddly, I don;'t know. Anime characters are invincible I guess. They can jump from high places, get beaten up, not sleep for days, get hit by a giant hammer, and they are still okay two seconds later!
Now I'm not usually one for giving the bad guys what they want, but episode 12, he should have killed Creed. He had plenty of time to kill Creed and save his friends!!! But no, he doesn't. Ugh. He had the perfect oprotunity. I don't like killing for revenge, but come on just shoot the guy. Just shoot the wacko brain.
I mean, yes, making someone live is worse than killing them often times but still, I'm not sure Creed is sane enough to know the difference between life and death anyways. I mean he was crazy from the start, but during the last fight between him and Train, he revealed just how nuts he was. Even I didn't think he was THAT nuts! It was so simple and people could have been saved and unhurt if Train had just pulled the damn trigger! Plus the whole Saya ghost like thing. Wha???
It actually turned out to be good that Train didn't kill him but um still whats with the whole light saber/sword/whip/fire torch thingy Creed has?.
I don't know, it's just when I watch something with assasins, I kinda want them to stay assassins. I'm not condoning assassination, but it's just how I am.

Also, how does Train not run out of bullets? I never saw any packs carrying them. There aren't a ton in his pockets. I doubt the gun regenerates bullets. So where do they come from and how come they can buy bullets and not food?
Why does Kyokos Popsicles look like they are radioactive?
What is the purpose of this dudes existence? Is there a purpose?

















Also, why is it that so many stories that involve bounty hunters or doing odd jobs for money, the main characters rarely complete the job or if they do then end up screwing something up and end up with almost no money, then they are always broke.
 How do these people survive when they never seem to make any money. In this case, the person almost always dies, or they let the guy get away instead of turning him in. I don't see what's wrong with turning Creed in. It gets pathetic after a while. Like could these people even complete a mission to get a sloth out of a tree. I say sloth because it wouldn't jump away when they tried to grab it like a cat might. Doesn't matter though. They still probably couldn't do it. 




To me this show is like Cowboy Bebop meets Fairy Tail meets Trigun meets Requiem for A Phantom meets Detective Conan. Like what the hec.
I can't say I really enjoyed the show. It didn't flow very well and the story wasn't developed very well. I would give it about three stars out of five for having some sad moments and a few good action scenes. Plus some of it was actually rather funny. However, it still didn't seem very cohesive. It felt like a lot of random things were thrown together and left unfinished and skipped etc.





The ending was almost good. I loved how everyone came together to fight, even Creed came and helped. I'm a sucker for that type of thing.

Despite the first half of the last episode being all over the place, it still had a good chance of ending..and then.....the final moments.....Train left Sven and Eve. Before that I actually thought, "despite the not so good majority of the anime, it turned out to have a decent ending." Then it was ruined. Are you kidding me? The whole thing had a shot at redemption...and it didn't take it.












Granted, there is also the fact that the ending felt really crammed and the actual scenes weren't very good. You never really saw the fighting or found out what happened to the former numbers and the zero numbers or anything much. I hadn't thought of that until I started writing. So I guess, in all actuality, the moment I thought about it, redemption wasn't likely even if Train hadn't left. So, since the ending was rather crummy, I'd say maybe two and a half stars instead of three. 


oh, and whats up with these portal thingys. There are so many things that aren't explained and don't make sense. What is the point of half of this show????

No comments:

Post a Comment